This recipe is by far the yummiest, most satisfying meatloaf I have EVER had and I don’t feel guilty in the slightest because the only 2 “fillers” are corn flake crumbs and almond meal! I use mushrooms (weird?) to add flavor and moisture and a little Worcestershire sauce for a little kick. Please make and enjoy!! If you want a glass of wine while you make and enjoy this dish, I had Bluefin’s Petite Sirah. At less than $6 a bottle at Trader Joe’s, can you really pass on it??
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey Meat ($2.99 at Trader Joe’s!)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Chopped Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 Cup Corn Flake Crumbs (I used Kellogg’s)
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup (+ another 2 Tbs. for topping)
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the 3 eggs, beaten, and the turkey meat. Mix well. Add the mushrooms and mix again. Put the almond meal and corn flake crumbs and mix once more. Finally, add all remaining ingredients and mix together, then pour into a greased loaf pan spreading evenly (I used Trader Joe’s Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil Spray to grease the pan).
Take the extra 2 Tbs. of ketchup and spread evenly over the top of the loaf.
Bake for 45 Minutes and enjoy!