Ok, so this was SO delicious and again, one of my “just throw some in there” kind of recipe, but I’ll tell you what I did:
- l lb. Lean Ground Turkey Meat
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Jalapeno (with seeds)
- 1/2 Cherry Chili Pepper (with seeds)
- 1/2 Chili Pepper (with seeds)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Grape Seed Oil or Olive Oil)
- 15 oz. Can Garbonzo Beans (un-drained)
- 15 oz. Can Kidney Beans (un-drained)
- 7.5 ounces Cannellini Beans (drained)
- 2 (14 oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes (un-drained)
I started with a large soup pot on medium heat and added a little oil. I chopped my onion and allowed it to cook for about 2-3 minutes and then added the chopped garlic cloves. After a few minutes, while stirring occasionally so the garlic didn’t burn, added the chopped peppers (green, jalapeno and both chili peppers) and allowed them all to cook for a few minutes. I then added the turkey meat and broke it all apart. I let that cook, mixing occasionally until the meat was almost all brown. I added my seasonings, mixed and let the turkey brown with all the flavors. I then added all the beans and tomatoes, mixed, covered and lowered the heat down to a simmer. I let this all cook together for about a half hour and topped with a little shredded cheddar cheese and sprig of cilantro!
I enjoyed this chili with a couple glasses of Jacob’s Creek Shiraz, which went perfectly!
Yes, the bottle is now empty.