Today I woke up and my skin felt “dry” and a little “flaky”, which is perfectly normal after a peel. I did feel that my skin tone was a little more even and the texture felt much more smooth.
I did notice a small pimple on my nose (awesome), but that’s normal too. After a peel, your skin cell renewal is accelerated so whatever bacteria may have been hiding under there is being pushed out. At least I know everything is working!
My skin care regimen this morning was all by Glo Therapeutics:
- Conditioning Milk Cleanser
- Conditioning Tonic (I put in a spray bottle and sprayed my face with the mist, leaving damp before next step)
- Lightening Serum (leave sticky)
- B5 Hydration Serum (leave sticky)
- Vita E Essential Cream (let penetrate completely before applying any makeup)
- Eye Restore (helps with puffiness and dark circles. I use twice a day)
During the winter months, I like to do at least one, more aggressive chemical peel to rid my skin of dead skin cells, generate newer skin growth and treat any imperfections such as hyperpigmentation and fine lines/wrinkles. I really like the Modified Jessner peel by Glo Therapeutics with their Enzyme added to the treatment.
I use this service in my treatment room at the salon and my clients’ love the results. Some see more flaking afterwards than others and if you have an event or vacation coming up, I usually tell people to wait because you don’t know how your skin will react in down time and how long it will have that dry, peeling appearance. (If you do have an event, I recommend the Pro 5 Exfoliant, which doesn’t require any down time).
This is a picture of my skin right after the treatment this morning and I will post pictures in the upcoming days to see how my skin reacts and the final results in about a week.
- In the Modified Jessner Treatment I did today, I first used the Glo Therapeutics Enzyme, which is a 5% Salicylic Acid, 3% Bromelain, 1% Papain, Pomegranate and Cranberry blend (Great for aging, hyperpigmentation, and acne). I left that on for 5 minutes and rinsed off with water (this enzyme DOES heat up!)
- I dried my skin completely and applied the Peel Prep, (kind of an “itchy” feeling) which preps the skin for the chemical exfoliation.
- After that dried, I applied the fist layer of the Modified Jessner, which is also great for aging, hyperpigmentation, and acne (this also heats up quite a bit, but I found the longer it stays on, it starts to subside, which is why you can add layers). This has 14% lactic Acid, 14% Salicylic Acid, 14% Resorcinol, Raspberry and Lycopene
- After 2 minutes, I added the Lightening Serum, which aids in diminishing any hyperpigmentation more thoroughly (this has 2% Hydroquinone, 2% Salicylic Acid, 5% Lactic Acid, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, and L Ascorbic Acid).
- After 2 more minutes, I added another layer of the Modified Jessner and let it sit for 4 minutes.
- I finally neutralized the chemical with Glo Therapeutics Neutralizer (Calcium Carbonate, EGCG ((derived from green tea)), and Shea Butter). This actually burned significantly at first, which is due to adding anything damp to the chemical but calmed down after the 2nd application. The calcium carbonate (better known to us as baking soda) is what neutralizes the chemical and makes it stop working, kind of like throwing baking soda on a fire!
My skin was immediately re-texturized! It felt SO smooth and plump. I am really excited to see if I have any peeling and how my skin looks and feels after about a week. This is an AWESOME treatment to do before your wedding!! I recommend it at least a week before the big day so your skin has time to heal completely.
Because I have very fair skin, naturally, I tend to have a difficult time finding a good contour kit that doesn’t make my skin look “dirty”. I tried these new products this morning and am happy with the results! I hadn’t tried a contour stick before, so I had fun with this. I thought it was going to give me a more dramatic contour, but it actually was pretty light!
I went over the hollows of my cheeks with a powder contour (Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit) to be more defined and blended everything with my blender ball. After doing my brows, I highlighted the brow bone to increase the definition and add a more precise arch with the Wonder Pencil.
For myself, I tend to like a softer look for my makeup and accentuate my favorite features while trying to camouflage any imperfections. I usually have pretty dark circles under my eyes (sometimes more than others!) so after my favorite concealer (IT cosmetics in Natural Medium), I used the Nyx Concealer CW03 in Light, which brightened up my face!
Another beauty who’s makeup I had the pleasure of doing!
Posted from WordPress for Android
If you’re like most girls, you probably have a small collection of makeup brushes. A few you probably use every day, some are there for when you’re feeling a little creative, and others are just there hanging out in the back. We’ll call those the wallflowers.
Whether you use them every day, or just on occasion, they NEED to be cleaned. These are tools that have makeup, dirt, bacteria and free radicals chillin’ inside them. You can actually do some damage to your skin when you don’t properly clean them, SO I have a little trick that’s easy and costs me nothing.
Chances are, you have a shampoo bottle or 2 that sit in the back of your shower somewhere behind the new body wash and an old cream cleanser. Maybe it’s even made it’s way into the back of your linen closet, where I keep the products I’ve tried but don’t love and don’t have the heart to throw away just yet. Dust that shampoo bottle off and USE it to clean your makeup brushes!! You won’t feel so bad about wasting money and you won’t have to go out and buy that expensive brush cleaner from Sephora.
After I wash my makeup brushes with warm water and shampoo, I take a small travel-size spray bottle, fill it with rubbing alcohol and spray each brush with it before I lay them flat to dry. Now your brushes are clean, disinfected and ready to be used on your delicate face! I do this about once a week!
Eyelashes for days! This sultry lady loves them!!
I love Ardell cluster eyelash extensions! My clients love them too and always come to see me before an event:)
I am so happy when I see my clients’ skin improves! (even when said client happens to be my husband). I actually do a lot of high frequency treatments on many clients who have acne. So many people suffer from acne, whether you’re 14 years old or suffering from adult acne, high frequency treatments are effective and successful. (in Kristal’s terms, this thing works!) Non-invasive, no-pain, easy treatments to help kill bacteria under the surface of the skin, leaving smooth, clear skin.
I love doing bridal makeup! It makes me feel so good to see happiness on people’s faces when they see their own reflection in the mirror! I was too anxious to do my own makeup for my wedding day and I was SO grateful to the very skilled makeup artist who did my makeup!! I’m glad I get to help women feel and look their best. Being an esthetician is extremely fun, I get to be creative and I really enjoy what I do!
I love using these 2 products together, and I have a trick!
I use the Lash Conditioner in the middle…So FIRST I put a layer of Volumizing Mascara, then a layer of Lash Thickener and Conditioner, and then another layer of mascara. The lash thickener is white, so I think of it like an Oreo 😉